Massage therapy offers a natural conservative treatment approach that relieves musculoskeletal pain for many patients. Our office provides specific massage and muscular therapy that is tailored to meet the patient's condition and injury. The benefits of massage therapy may include increasing blood circulation, reducing swelling, relaxing muscles, relieving muscle pain and spasms, and aid in recovery and range of motion. We offer different techniques of massage therapies as follows:
- Swedish Massage: A combination of various movements, including effleurage, kneading, friction and vibration reducing overall muscle spasms and stress. It will calm the nervous system providing mind and body balance.
- Deep Tissue Massage: By using moderate to deep pressure to treat specific muscle groups, this treatment will help to release muscle spasms, tension, headaches and correct repetitive stress syndrome.
- Hot Stone Massage: Heated smooth stones are placed on certain points on the body to warm and loosen tight muscles and balance energy centers in the body. The massage therapist may also hold stones and apply gentle pressure with them, the warmth is comforting. Hot stone massage is good for people who have muscle tension but prefer a lighter massage.
- Therapeutic Massage: A combination of the soothing Swedish Massage and Deep Tissue Technique with emphasis on removing soreness and tension in specific areas.
- Reflexology: Reflexology identifies 7,200 nerve endings in each foot and hand that make up specific reflex areas corresponding to every internal organ, gland and part of the body. A trained reflexologist applies pressure to specific areas to encourage the nerves, which instruct the body to correct, strengthen, and reinforce itself.
- Acupressure: Based on the same principles of acupuncture, pressure is applied to points along the body which remove energy blocks from the meridian system. It is often helpful for improving the immune system and overall well being.
- Sports Massage: Sports massage is specifically designed for people who are involved in physical activity. You don't have to be a professional athlete to have one. It is also used by people who are active and work out often. The focus isn't on relaxation but on preventing and treating injury and enhancing athletic performance.
Foot Bath Detox: The ionizer foot bath cleanses harmful toxins from your blood stream by a very low level electrical current. The pores in the bottom of your feet are the largest skin opening. Every minute roughly 10 pints of blood is pumped through your feet which are exposed to the warm water, salt, and a very low level electric current. Through the process of osmosis the foot bath... magnetically attracts the heavy metals, chemicals, poisons, drugs, toxins, hormones, and uric acid, pulling them out of your blood stream through a biological process similar to perspiration.